Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Heroes

The straining rays of a mid-winter’s sun have all too suddenly faded into the dark of this cold winter’s night. I have retreated to the warmth and comfort of the couch with a plate of fresh baked brownies and a glass of milk. (A favorite method for detoxification from the stresses of the day.) Actions urgently prompted by my polished, heat seeking, bald head which has suddenly and instinctively alerted me to the threatening, piercing coldness out of doors.









However, like dew drops on the grass in the morning sun












these feelings of comfort vaporized as the evening news announced another home invasion with armed masked men, a story of a young girl robbed at gunpoint, and a shootout between rivaling gang members; followed by death, despair, and the onslaught of injustices. Horrible thoughts etched on the silver screen of my mind in the split-second timing they take to cross a mere few thousand brain cells, leaving their distasteful trails of memory to sleep upon. Added to this, many have heard me express, at the observance of impatient, inconsiderate, law breaking, life threatening drivers on the roads (that never seem to get caught), “I wish I was a Cop!”






You may now understand my plea – I need a Hero! A Super Hero! Not Batman! Not Superman! (Super heroes that were seduced.) Even Spiddy got tangled up in his own webs now and then. (Three super shows I’ve not seen, I might add.) The Super Hero family “The Incredibles” comes as close as I can imagine. But where are they today?! I think most of you would agree that the day we live in is indeed a perilous time. Don’t retreat to the couch as I did but take hope and comfort in what I am about to introduce to you, a Super Hero for our day!












I give you…………















































































“GREEN LIPS” – the Visible.





















































































“GREEN LIPS” – the Approachable, While he has not yet discovered what his Super Powers are, he is THERE for you! Stay tuned for further developments……

5 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I knew I should be worried. :) haha. Nice pics!

The Woolley's said...

I hope that was Bailey with a marker! The scenery pics were beautiful though!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

I've been needing a Superhero in this crazy getting crazier world. I felt many emotions reading this post...relaxation, warmth, desire for the best homemade brownies, coldness, sadness, confusion and hope in my newfound Superhero, "Green Lips, the Humorable" (and I would have to say Humor is a great power to have). I look forward to the further developments...

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.