Friday, September 5, 2008

TWO SHOES

Late in the year of 007 I was presented a new Title. This title was received very slowly and with great reluctance, to the point and to my regret, I fear, that I made the presenter feel sad. Since that Title I have had to obtain a new wardrobe made up of baggy shirts and loose fitting pants, both of which are to be worn in plaids top and bottom. The Title has even caused me to consider bi-focals - to this I have not given in - still looking over the top or under the bottom of my currently scratched up glasses. Furthermore the Title has required me to hang out with and spend copious amounts of time with a "Grandma". Well, ok , she is the most attractive Grandma I've crossed, or even come across...but getting back to my story, and you've probably guessed it, my Title is GRANDPA. Now, let me tell you of one small but very significant other attachment that came with it, a GRANDCHILD! Now switching from this silly jungle of text let me say this. I feel that those who have held in their arms one of these precious little ones and suddenly and somewhat surprisingly felt an overwhelming and passionate love for him or her, this child that has no inkling as to who you are nor the power of the love you feel toward them, must surely know at that very moment that there is a God, even a "Heavenly Father". As I held this little granddaughter my love for her was so very intense that the spirit of the moment brought tears to my eyes. I thought how we as children of a Heavenly Father, not hardly knowing Him in some sense of the word, are as this new born child. I believe He has for us every single day of our lives that passionate, intense love! Almost as powerful was the idea and feeling of this new spirit clothed in a physical body. Rightfully enabled as an heiress to God the Father, her Heavenly Father, the Father of her spirit, to become like Him. In the circle of life. One Eternal round.

Hope you enjoy my vid "Two Shoes". Dedicated to my daughters and their mother who also happens to be my wife. Music by Sissel - Sarah's Song.

(TWO SHOES)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, Dad. Thank you. Wish I had the words to tell you how this makes me feel. Beautiful song, beautiful words from you. We have been very blessed by this sweet baby. I am glad we were able to give you this title, you do very well with it.

Anonymous said...

Your music videos always manage to make me cry. Bailee is adorable!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Thanks Dad, those were some powerful thoughts. Made me cry.

Sara Ann said...

That is very sweet:)

Ang said...

Quinn, how fun to come and read your blog, and what a beautiful tribute to your new granddaughter!

I look forward to reading more . . .

Angie